I have copied the 3 bullet points that Donald, in speaking to the entire world through an OpEd column, has proposed as a serious solution in the current discussion on violence in America.
• Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.
• Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me.
• Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.This shows a clear lack of thinking, and possibly dementia has set in for poor Donald.
And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures. None of that is going to happen, of course. But I’ll bet gun sales will rise.
1. Repealing the Second Amendment, which is properly written and well understood in the wake of Heller and MacDonald, would do nothing to "get rid of guns." It didn't work in the UK, South Africa, Australia, China, Japan, or Russia. Making owning guns a privilege would only create a society of "haves" and "have nots" which is quite in line with the rest of Leftist thinking. Leftists don't want "equality" they want an aristocracy, with themselves as our dear unelected leaders.
2. Declaring the NRA a terrorist organization is a good way to do what exactly? Make it like the Nation of Islam, or drive it underground like the PIRA? If you want to make people into terrorists, declaring them to be so is a great way to politically marginalize them. If you make it impossible for someone to legally participate in the political process, having a gun (or a bomb, nerve agent, etc) means you still have to listen to them. If you make peaceful redress impossible, violent redress is the ONLY option Donald. Don't go around trying to make criminals, the war on crime has been even less successful than the war on (some) drugs or the war on poverty. I will address the "from their cold dead hands" schtick at the end.
3. Torturing someone until they see your point.... Didn't you come out against waterboarding when Bush did it? Somehow torture is fine when it is for "political re-education" but not to get information needed to kill those actual terrorists who want to destroy you? How Communist of you Donald, how utterly unprincipled and short sighted.
And back to "prying the guns from their cold, dead hands" idea that works for you Donald? Molon Labe bitch.