- He stabilized the worst economy since the Great Depression. Though unemployment remains stubborn, the stock market is basically back to where it was before the global economic meltdown. His stimulus bill kept America humming and saved hundreds of thousands of jobs, while his rescue of General Motors saved an industrial icon.
- His administration kept thousands of over-extended Americans from losing their homes by laboring mightily to forestall foreclosures.
- In spite of ferocious opposition, he passed long-overdue reforms of our health-care system that had eluded the reach of many past presidents.
- He signed into law a bold package of regulations to boost consumer protection and restrain Wall Street’s greed.
- He negotiated a historic nuclear-arms reduction treaty with Russia’s Dmitry Medvedev.
The economy. Uh, hello? Stagflation? Jimmy Carter? Same bailout of Chrysler that Jimmeh Carter did? Seriously this is a rehash of Carter's policies and giving us the SAME results, a stagnant economy with double digit inflation. Evidently Mr. Walter Rodgers didn't have to study history to get his journalism degree.
Mortgages. His administration hasn't even managed to put a fucking bandaid on the mortgage crisis. And even people who qualified for the program had to fight to stay in it after their "provisional" repayment schedule was categorically denied.
Healthcare? What ferocious opposition? His fucking party controlled both the House and the Senate! And it still took them over a damn year to unfuck themselves. Are you serious? How the fuck could he write "ferocious opposition" without dislocating his thumbs from the sheer irony?
And as far as "negotiated a historic nuclear arms treaty with Dmitri Medved" I didn't know that rolling over and pissing on yourself was a recognized negotiation tactic by anyone but the French (apologies to Mr. Sarkozy who has single handed managed to increase my respect for France by showing more backbone than the autopen in chief). Maybe Mr. Rodgers is using the word "historic" in a you know, factual, meaning in that an event did take place and now it is history. Great. Mr. Rodgers you should know that I took a historic shit this morning. But unlike my excrement I can't simply flush your blathering down the plumbing.
Wall Street Reform? Bullshit. In one bullet Walther Rodgers claims that the DOW Jones being back to close to where it was before the "crisis" is a good thing, but somehow now it is "reformed", seriously? The economy sucks dipshit, why do you think the Military has been meeting enlistment quotas for the last two years?
And to end off his list of blatant falsehood, Mr. Walters writes this little gem....
It’s true that Obama hasn’t made tackling the debt a priority. But when Republicans controlled the White House and Congress for much of the past decade, US debt exploded. On that issue, the public will have to lead
No jackass, the Dems took over in 2006 and our public debt "exploded" like a liberal journalists head struck by a 750 gr AMAX at 2,700 fps. Before that we had a "debt problem" after that we had a "debt crisis" and if the Dems keep spending like..... well there really is no analogy for what the Dems like to spend like because even drunken Sailors stop spending when the run out of money... eventually we will have a collapse.
Hope the kookaid tastes good you fluffer for liberal stroke piece production.